Mostly Frequently asked Questions
How do I buy an ESET product?
Please go to the Buy Now or Renewals tab at the top of the page and click the Buy button to the right of the product you wish to buy. The next page will offer you our most popular add-ons at the top and your shopping cart will be listed below. Click on Checkout. New Customers click Continue and Returning Customers click Login.
Your store looks different – did you change it?
We are the same website: BetterAntivirus.com
We are the same company Computer Security Solutions
We have a brand new online store that in addition to ESET products, we offer more products such as Carbonite Backup.
Look for loyalty points & faster support and much much more in the months to come!
We are continuing to improve both our support section and online store to make it as fast and easy as we can for you. Please let us know how we are doing.
How do I buy a ESET renewal license?
There are three ways to renew your software:
1. Please go to the Renewals tab at the top of the page and click the Buy button to the right of the product you wish to buy. The next page will offer you our most popular addons at the top and your shopping cart will be listed below. Click on Checkout. (Returning Customers click Login.)
2. Begin by logging into your account inside the gray bar along the right side of our home page
3. call or chat with us and we will do it for you!
What is the password needed to login to my online account?
The Password needed to login to your account with us is NOT your ESET software password. Your ‘online store password’ is your ‘PERSONAL password’ that was created by YOU or by one of our staff members when your account was first created.
Most online stores, online banks or online credit cards will have similar account log ins that you may be familiar with.
If you can not remember what it was, click on the link Forgotten Password link and a temporary password will be sent to the e-mail address associated with your account that you can use to make your purchase.
You can later change that to be something you can remember under the My Account section once you are logged in.
I had my online store password sent to me but I still can not log in
Contact us if you can not get logged into your account with us with the temporary password we sent you, please confirm that you have either cut and pasted it in without any spaces before or after the password. Also it is case sensitive if doing it by hand. We may be online for a chat or call us at 877-886-6332
I renewed my software but it still shows my old expiration date?
If you renewed before your expiration date your new expiration date will not take effect until your original expiration date passes.
Who is Computer Security Solutions?
Computer Security Solutions owns and operates BetterAntiVirus.com
It is our dedicated website of the ESET product range by Computer Security Solutions.
We offer a wide range of best of breed security solutions for home and office. Our main website is CompSecGlobal.com If you have a quote or any inside communication from any of our staff, the email will come from @CompSecGlobal.com.
Our company is in Colorado and employees all Americans on US soil. When you call us, you will reach the office of Computer Security Solutions.
Computer Security Solutions has been a authorized partner of ESET since 2004.
What is the difference between ESET NOD32 and ESET Smart Security?
Smart Security has the foundation of NOD32 but they it has more!
Perfect for all laptops and students –
Personal Firewall – Keeps your private data safe from hackers.
Parental Control – Protects your child from inappropriate content by restricting website access.
Antispam – Blocks unwanted emails and associated images.
Anti-Theft – Locates your stolen laptop and locks down your files via the web.
Vulnerability Shield – Keeps you safe from network-based threats.
We like to say it is NOD32 on steroids!
How do I Whitelist an email from BetterAntivirus.com
Emails regarding your ESET purchase can come from several domains:
- BetterAntivirus.com – our online store
- ESET.com – From the software manufacturer
- CompSecGlobal.com – if we need to email you an adjustment
Most of the major email service providers have a built-in spam filtering feature. Because the spam filtering feature is automatic, it is possible for important messages to accidentally be routed to your spam folder. When this happens, you must whitelist the domain name that is being marked as spam. If you don’t want to whitelist an entire domain name, you can whitelist a specific email address.
- Log into your GMail account. Open your “Spam” folder.
- Locate the message for the domain you want to whitelist. Place a check in the box located next to the message.
- Click “More Actions.” Select “Filter Messages Like These.”
- Enter into the “From” field the domain name you wish to whitelist. You can enter one specific email address or the entire domain name. For instance, [email protected] or @blockeddomain.com.
- Click “Next Step.” Place a check inside the box labeled “Never Send it to Spam.” Click “Create Filter” to save your changes.
- Log into your Hotmail account. Click your “Inbox” folder.
- Select the “Options” link on the upper, right-hand side of the page. Click “More Options.”
- Look underneath the “Preventing Junkmail” section. Select “Safe and Blocked Senders.”
- Click “Safe Senders.” Enter the domain name you want to whitelist. Click “Add to List.” The domain will automatically be added to your whitelist.
- Log into your Yahoo! email account. Click the “Options” link in the upper, right-hand corner. Select “More Options.”
- Click the “Filters” option from the left side column. Select the “Add Filter” option from the Yahoo! top navigation bar.
- Add a name in the “Filter Name” field to help you distinguish this filter from all other filters. In the “Sender” field, select “Contains” from the drop-down menu.
- Enter the domain name or email address you wish to whitelist. In the “Move to Folder” field, select “Inbox.”
- Click “Save Changes” from the Yahoo! top navigation bar.
Remember – please whitelist the following domains: