Can Carbonite Backup Protect My Business Computers and Servers?
YES! A simple browser-based dashboard lets you centrally manage the backup status of everyone in your company – no matter where your employees are located. Business doesn’t stop when you leave the office. That’s why Carbonite lets you access (or even restore) your files anytime, anywhere so you never have to worry about leaving your files behind.
- See the backup status of every user in your account
- View current and pending backups
- Search for an individual user, computer or group
- Invite individual users or groups to join your account
- Monitor your backup capacity
- Purchase additional storage or upgrade your account as needed
- Organize employees into specific groups
My staff already back up file to enternal hard drives. Why should we change to Carbonite?
When you buy Carbonite from us your company’s backup will be more efficient, secure and hassle-free. Consider this: Carbonite is more reliable than your external hard drive. Carbonite stores your backup on a redundant disk array (RAID) that is immeasurably more reliable than a computer’s internal hard drive, or an external hard drive. The good news is that you can include your external hard drives in your Carbonite backup …. we strongly recommend that you do!
- Carbonite is completely automatic. You don’t have to remember to back up, because Carbonite never forgets. Once you install Carbonite, it works on its own, backing up your files whenever your computers are connected to the Internet.
- Carbonite stores your files safely offsite. Offsite storage keeps your backup safe from fires, floods, theft, accidents, and anything else that can happen in your office or home.
- Carbonite backs up wherever you go. As long as you or your staff members are connected to the Internet – Carbonite backs them up. Whether they’re in the office, at home or on the road, Carbonite keeps working to keep everyone’s backup up to date.
- Carbonite makes it easy to monitor everyone’s backup. A simple browser-based dashboard lets you check backup status for everyone’s computer, at a glance – and monitor the backup storage levels for your company.
What types of files does Carbonite Pro back up?
Carbonite backs up many of the most common file types you’d use in a small or mid-sized business. This includes, but is certainly not limited to:
- Point-of-sale (POS) files
- Pictures and graphics
- Financial/Accounting files (.QBB, .PTB)
- Customer relationship management files
- Application program files (the files you install when you install a program such as Microsoft Word, Quicken, etc.)
- Temporary files (files your programs create for various reasons, while you’re using the program)
- System files (files that make up part of your Windows or Mac OS operating system)
Are Carbonite Pro plans HIPAA compliant?
All Carbonite Pro plans support HIPAA compliance! If you’re a healthcare or insurance professional looking to safeguard your Protected Health Information (PHI), we can provide a Business Associate Agreement (BAA). Please note: If you need to remain HIPAA compliant, you will be unable to use Carbonite’s Sync & Share app. Contact us for more details 877-886-6332